I've been reflecting on my many blessings this holiday season and as you can imagine, this unexpected little boy* figures pretty largely in them.
*Yes, I know how babies are made, I mean that I expected another girl. Girls are what I know.
And although I heartily dislike being pregnant and babies are disruptive to one's professional aspirations and other activities one might prefer to engage in, I am able to find comfort in the reflection that:
- It's only for 3 more weeks.
- His head will smell deliciously musky for the first several years.
- He will probably become a rich and famous soccer player, who will not forget his mum.
- He may not marry someone I thoroughly disapprove of.
- My cleavage will never be this good again.
Sitting at my computer is also painful, which is why I haven't been around much lately. I apologize for that.
I probably will not write again until after the baby is born and may not be able to give your blogs the attention they deserve in the meantime but I sincerely wish you all the best in this new year.
We totally deserve it.