December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all

The kids made a good haul this year. Although Ralf and I only bought one present for each child, they somehow ended up with books, princess paraphanelia, clothes, skis, Melissa and Doug craft kits and those little plastic beads that you arrange on a special little form then iron into totally useless shapes. On the downside, the room fills with carcenogenic gas when you iron them, but on the plus side it keeps kids busy for hours on end.

Ralf and I made out well, too. We finally splurged on a flat screen TV after four years of discussing it with no action and I got a real 2nd hand Pfaff sewing machine that I haven't yet figured out how to thread, but I will, and then look out! I predict that my kids will be wearing lots of sleeveless sun dresses next summer. We also got tickets for the whole family to Circus Krone next week and Ralf's sister got us tickets to the Harlem Gospel Singers, babysitting included.

And Ralf made me a new CD with my favorite songs of 2008 so as I write this I'm listening to 'Where You Gonna Sleep Tonight' and fantasizing about being a Scottish rock star.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous day! My kids are slowly going through all their gifts today and actually taking everything in! Yesterday it was a gift receiving and giving frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashton has done a lot of those iron things at her after school program, she loves them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails