According to Wikipedia a meme describes any idea or behavior that can pass from one person to another by learning or imitation. Memes propagate themselves and can move through the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a virus.
If that didn't scare you off, here are the official rules according to Charlotte:
- List the last 10 commneters on your blog.
- If you’re in this list you’re tagged. That means you should do the Meme on your blog.
I also added the following rules of my own:
- I only included commenters who are bloggers.
- I only mention each commenter once in the first order of appearance.
And here’s the list of those special bloggers who take the time to keep up with other people’s blogs in addition to writing their own:
1. Natalian of Twaddle & Twak
2. Naturelady of Borealkraut
3. G in Berlin of From the Big Apple to the Big Bear
4. Meg, who I believe mainly blogs for family and friends so I'm not going to include a link unless she OKs it.
5. Patty of Blog 200
6. Emily of Telecommuter Talk
7. Jeanne of Cook Sister (link to my favorite recipe)
8. Charlotte of ???: No blog link (I use free blog software, which doesn't include fancy extras), so I’m going to assume this is from THE Charlotte of Charlotte’s Web
9. me - Yes, I commented on my own blog
10. PeterAtLarge of The Buddha Diaries
Now for the questions:
1. What’s your favourite post from number 3’s blog? Hard to say. G is a diverse blogger who includes a wealth of current events, social and political commentary, book reviews and YouTube links in her blogs. She also refers to her husband as The German, which I love. I guess if I have to choose a favorite post I’ll go with this one .
2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that moved you? As it happens, Peter has taken a number of pictures of Helsinki and Russia and the pictures of the Hermitage were a pleasure to view since I was there as a college student and will never forget it.
3. Does number 6 reply to comments on his blog? Definitely – Emily is a very reciprocal blogger.
4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from? I think Naturelady has carved out her own space due to her unique profile – she’s a German mom married to an American living in Alaska. For me the name of her blog Borealkraut says it all.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7, what would it be? Jeanne is an amazing cook with all kinds of blog awards so I really can't think of any useful advice. Check out her mustard chicken pasta recipe, that's my favorite.
6. Have you ever tried something from number 9’s blog? Since #9 is me I would have to say, pretty much everything.
7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you? It’s a toss up because Natalian has written some great historical and family stuff like ‘Full Circle’ but I really loved the picture she posted of her baby’s feet, which inspired me to take some pictures of my own kids’ feet. I just love baby feet. In the words of Vicky Iovine, they look like little pork chops with toes. And it’s so true that the time flies by and suddenly they’re not babies any more!
8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog? Never I’m afraid although I enjoy following her kids’ adventures.
9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly? Charlotte? Of course, don’t we all?
10. How did number 5’s blog change your life? Patty is a professional ghost writer who by day is the voice of CEOs. Her writing is fantastic and reading her blog gives me new ideas about how to relate situations, family life, work and just about everything. To give you an idea of her versatility and humor check this post out. I love the list she leaves for her husband when she travels.