November 23, 2008

Thought for the Day: Barefoot Contessa

My friend and I were eating scones the other day and we were talking about how delicious they are and what a great chef the Barefoot Contessa (hereafter to be referred to as the 'BC') is. How does she do it? I'll tell you how: The BC's scones taste fantastic because she uses TWO full sticks of butter and about a barrel of powder sugar icing. My cooking tastes great too if I use a ton of butter and sugar and if I looked like Giada I would probably be in a different profession. But I do love the BC because she's not afraid of real ingredients - when you eat one of her scones you've been properly sconed and you typically don't go looking for other food after that.

So here's the takeaway: eat real food, be full, stop eating.

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, at 5 ft+ a tiny bit, real fat (at a great than US standard for all dairy products)really adds up. But yes, it really does taste better. You know, butter added to olive oil makes an amazing taste. Cream rather than skim does as well- but one has to draw the line somewhere!

    Saw your blog on Charlotte's Web and thought I would stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are big fans of Ina in my household as well. Ashton got an autograph from her when she went with our neighbor to a book signing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a new book out -- "Back to Basics"! I don't have it, but I will soon.

    Another current favorite of mine: Anything by Alyssa Torrey of the Magnolia Bakery (NYC) fame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails