September 18, 2009

The Schultuete

Here are a few photo's from K's first day of school where you can see some of the competing Schultueten. These aren't even the best ones - there were rocket ships, glittery ballerinas, exploding fairy fire crackers and all kinds of amazing Schultueten that I didn't film because I felt they were mocking me.
Please note that K's backpack cost more than my purse.


I also wrote a little poem on my other blog if you enjoy poetry: http://ls-workgirl.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. They are huge! Please tell me that the candy is only a fraction of the contents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! (Funny poem, too.) Your girls are too cute. There's just so much going on in those eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! Look at their little munchkin faces, sooo cute!! If I ever manage to procreate and produce such beautiful children I will give them a giant Schultuete for school even if I'm not living in Germany (although hopefully I will).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not a German mother with kids hopped up on all that sugar. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those damn backpacks are getting so expensive! Just wait, Laura, until your girls can wear your shoes and giddily wear them out! All liberty will be lost, and your privacy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute, and those backpacks are amazingly expensive. And they are so very square. I just find them funny! :-) I still have 2 years before we buy one....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo, and thanks a lot for the link to your lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails