April 30, 2009

Me and you and a dog named Boo

Today we're doing something a little unusual and long overdue. We're driving to Italy in a Porsche. No kids.

Glamorous as this sounds, this is a low-budget vacation. It is a borrowed Porsche. We will be staying with friends in central Italy then spending two nights in Milan with other friends to celebrate our 7th anniversary. We won't be having dinner at the Ritz, we'll be hitting our favorite pizzaria where the guy actually throws the dough into the air.

You can do this sort of thing in Munich, where four to six hours driving brings you to lots of hot vacation spots.

Sadly it is raining right now but I am confident it will stop sometime in the next four days.

We will, of course, be offsetting our travel emmissions with TerraPass, which is the environmental equivalent of a Hail Mary.

Ciao, baby!

13 comments:

  1. Have fun!

    Hope there's room in the back for Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How European and luxurious of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That always throws me about Europe and the east coast of America. Here in the west it taked two days or more to get through one state. My daughter drives through Delaware to go to the grocery store back east. And it only takes you a few hours to go to Italy. I love it. My brain won't accept it, but I love it. My friend went to Germany to see her brother. They hit about five countries just riding around. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun, Fun, FUN! And I can't wait to be in Italy in a couple of weeks! Yay! A trip to Italy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One anniversary we drove our VW Fox to New Jersey and ate at the Pizza Hut, that's kinda the same. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't feel sorry for you . . . even IF the Porsche is borrowed!

    ; )

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 7th anniversary is coming up next month! We are going to London and Paris... if the stupid swine flu doesn't everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *RUIN everything. See, it's started...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with Kristina, I sorta hate you in a, don't really want you to hate me because then you might not invite me to your pad ever type of way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds heavenly! We have to fly more than 5 hrs on a jet plane just to get out of Alaska -- unless you want to go to Russia or the Yukon, of course!

    Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous. I just love love Europe and Italy is my favorite. Have a great time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails