January 2, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

You can never go back to a nicer time but you can (and in fact, must) go forward. And who knows how nice the future will be?

This year was our turn to host the NY party. We were supposed to do it last year but I was too sick. So you can imagine how sick I was. This year I was also sick but nipped it in the bud so the party was on.

It was a great success, although I did almost burn down our house when I put L's ski jacket on a candle while I helped her take off her boots. Ralf is still making snide comments about that even though it's a whole new year and it's time to move on, don't you think?

So, party? I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Mostly. Welcome to our home. You look marvelous. Please come in and have a drink. Dinner will be served shortly.

Getting ready to party with my girls.
Of course, the secret to any successful party with kids is an attic and a DVD player.
I love the illusion that that's all my hair. Dinner. Food is important.Fireworks at midnight followed by dancing.Kids still going strong.Kids out by 3AM, party starting to wind down. Happy New Year!

25 comments:

  1. Your New Years rocked! I hope the kids slept late too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pursed lips on all the dancing men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a very similar evening! But in the U.S. the full moon was on the 31st making it the Blue Moon, whereas for you the full moon is on the 1st, giving you a Blue Moon at the end of January!
    We too had kids in one room but it was the basement and they were all boys except for one girl and so they killed people on video games. Lots of fireworks and food but no dancing :( Was up till 3:00 a.m. also.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful party. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you know how to throw a party! And you look hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a wonderful time was had by all! Thanks for sharing your NYE party with us. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YeeHaw! That looks like fun. Glad you guys made it through.

    Welcome to 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you can look like that and host like that while ill, well there is probably little you cannot do. Very unsurprising and inspiring or maybe depressing for those who on their best day can do neither. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a party, looked like everyone had a wonderful time. Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and the girls looked beautiful! And that's definitely the way to party in the New Year! Count me in next year! ;)

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a great party! I was in bed by 10 pm...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great wall color ;) - and I noticed that we also have the same wall shelves, lol. One problem, you're a heck of a lot skinnier than I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! How do you stay up? It looks like so much fun. You are so spot on with the attic/dvd-I need one of those. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoo-hoo! That looks like much more fun than mine was!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Who's the dude gettin' his vogue on in the dancing pic?

    Looks like it was a great party! Happy New Year HPH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, sexy party lady!

    We had cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos, 3 Stooges, and fun with friends. I like to think of the fun memories our kids will have of those parties where the adults are just a bit rowdy.

    The dancing pics are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fun party. Can I come next year?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just found your blog and can tell from the photos that your party was a success. Love the dancing part. The guy in the middle looks like he's having fun with his dance moves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aha! Now I know why Deney Terrio turned down my New Year's invite.

    You looked lovely by the way, tresses and all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Because stalking and worshiping isn't enough, I have awarded you, as if I have been vested with the power to award superior writers. Come 'n' get it HP.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great party! You look great. Me too want to comment on your Michelle Obama-esque arms!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails