March 2, 2009

Busy days

You'll all be happy to hear that L has been found. I got a new picture of her yesterday so Ralf isn't just making it up.

I also went shopping galore and finished off the evening with a good friend, her lovely daughters and a bottle of wine. Not a bad way to spend an evening. I discovered that advanced HS classes in the US require students to watch Saving Private Ryan and read. . . oh, heck, what was it? Something way too advanced for me, I can't even remember the title.

Today I have various meetings with customers and colleagues but as far as I know, none of these meetings will involve any of your husbands.

This post is really just an excuse to tell you all that I got CARDED yesterday at Target. I think it's part of their new policy to improve sales. It worked for me, I threw in an extra pack of gum out of sheer gratitude. And I didn't just show my driver's license to the cashier, I also generously showed it to the people behind me. They were very grateful.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, this never happens in Germany, where the legal drinking age is something like 14.

9 comments:

  1. As if we needed ANOTHER reason to LOVE TARGET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did they start carding at Target? Oh, I assume you bought alcohol. I thought they just started doing it for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been carded since...well, I can't remember when.
    Hey, I finally did the meme you tagged me for today. A little linky love going on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target sponsored the play Mr. M saw today on his school field trip. Smart marketers, those Target folks. But am I smart enough to make this comment go through after so many failed attempts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful. I think that it is so funny to be scared about being carded when you are too young to drink then being excited about it 10 years later. I have a young face so I certainly still get carded and when I give it to them... they look at me and say "OH I am so sorry." I just laugh and tell them that perhaps when I am 50 I will look 21 rather then the 16 I look now. It is exciting though! Good for you!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got carded once for buying de-alcoholized wine. (Don't ask.) Really? My ID for no alcohol? Where's the sense?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed this very funny post!

    I am still a bit ticked at how many people expect me to quote my drivers license number from memory. Come on people! I just learned my SS# and that took me seven years!

    Not that you wanted to know and not that it has anything to do with anything...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails